This week, I attempted to do my screen printing for real. Yes, no more practising. I am talking about printing on real fabric to be sewn up into real cushions that I can sell on etsy and madeit.
Unfortunately it didn’t quite go to plan. The first print was perfect. No problems there. The subsequent prints didn’t work. If you look at the photo you can see that the ink wasn’t coming through the outside lines of some of the flowers. I kept trying on new pieces of fabric, thinking that all I needed was a little more pressure in those areas. But every print after the first had that same problem. In the end I gave up printing on my linen as it was just wasting fabric. I had a few more goes on calico but nothing I did seemed to fix the problem.
It was extremely disappointing. And because I don’t have much experience to draw from I can’t quite work out where I went wrong. I guess I will try again this week, starting off on calico and see what happens.
I wish i could help honey but have no experience with this medium...personally i think what i'm seeing looks good...maybe perfection isn't the way to go...
i think it looks pretty good ... perfection is boring anyway !! More fun to colour outside the lines and run with scissors and have unique screen prints ...
Thanks for your comments. It's a little hard to kick my perfectionist habit.
Post a Comment